Today, I am actually going to try and focus my thoughts. I have several things that I have been thinking about here the last few weeks. Since NaNoWriMo, I have been very interested in writing again. I like to take advantage of that while it last. Because I am sure my focus will again turn to something else. Since I was able to finish the rough draft of my story in November I would like very much to work on that, ironing things out and making everything fit together better. It would be very cool to have a finished book. But when I sit down with it, I tend only to read over it. I am not sure that I am able at this time to work much on it. I do not know why that is. I have been spending some time thinking about it. But I have not figured it out.
Then the other thing that I have been considering is a completely different story. While I was stuck in November on my NaNoWriMo novel, I had a small idea of a different story. I haven't put a lot of thought into what would actually be happening or any kind of plot. It is just sort of a vague idea of something the might be interesting to work on. I would like to think about it for a while and play with the ideas. Some of that involves a bit of research. I don't currently own the books I would like for that research. I looked at the one and only book store in Grand Island and they have nothing there that I could use. So until I am able to go to Barnes and Noble I will have to wait on that. I also have not been to the library. I do not have a card here, and as I do not live in the city limits I would have to pay for a card. So I have been putting that off. I am not sure that they will have the books that I need there either. I was kind of spoiled by the size and variety of the books in Lincoln libraries. But I think that will be my next step as I am more likely to get to the library in town then I am to be able to get to Barnes and Noble. I have even looked on-line at Barnes and Noble and at Amazon. But for these books I would actually like to hold them in my hands and take a look at them before I buy them. So I have not done any more there. Now because this idea for the story is new in my mind, I have been thinking about it. Which I believe is causing it to be harder for me to work on something else. And right along with this I have been watching a new tv show, Merlin. This will have some similar things. I was going with a more celtic or norse kind of feel for this story. So watching this series has only increased the distraction I feel.
The other option is working on the Beria story. I am so close to being able to finish it, well the rough draft anyway. But I have been having some problems with that as well. The story is mostly finished, it is just the 'wrapping up' of all of the details. I am trying to figure out how much of that to do. I could write pages and pages of little scenes and things that happened in the next few weeks. But really is all of that needed for the story. It might be important for me to know it. I might put some of it in to the story. But how much is too much when it comes to that kind of stuff. I have been wanting to talk to Deseray about it as she knows the most about my story and might have some good ideas to share with me.
So that brings me here. I sit down at the computer with two different documents open...the last chapter of Beria's story and my NaNoWriMo novel. I look at both of them every day. And then in my internet explorer there are two or three windows open with research pages and searches for things for the story I have sitting on the edge of my imagination. Three things that are there waiting for me. But it is here that I write. I spend the time writing about my writing. I guess if I am lucky it will help me to figure out just what it is that I need to work on next. Soon I am hoping for this 750 words a day site to be the place where I sit down to type my 'story'. Whatever story that may end up being. I would be great to be able to say that everyday I wrote at least a little bit more of one of my stories.
Oh, and maybe it will help to get past Christmas. :D We are baking and getting tons of stuff ready for Christmas at Mom and Dad's with my brothers tonight, with Jonathan on Saturday, and next week with Mom's brothers and all of that part of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment