Yesterday we had an amazing surprise. Maybe it wasn't 'amazing' as in it wasn't something unbelievable. We came down to ConStellation for the second year. Again this year, Ella and I both submitted stories to the writing contest. Last year my story won. That was an amazing thing for me, though it wasn't a surprise. They had contacted me to be sure that I was going to be at opening ceremonies. But this year, I had not heard anything from them. So I was sure that neither Ella nor I had won. But when we got to the hotel and checked in, I paged through the Con book and what should I see but Ella's story. She had won the youth division of the writing contest! She is just a little bit excited about this. :) And so am I. I guess next year it will be Mel's turn. Hehe..
Then this morning one of the panels that we went to was the Brainstorming with Carrie Vaughn. It was one of the youth programming items. We all greatly enjoyed this panel. I loved the way she did this with us and hope to sometime do this with a group of children. I took a lot of notes. Then part way through the panel I had a super thought. We will finish this story idea that we were brainstorming as a summer project. I think that all of us should write our own story using some of the things that we were brainstorming. I can't wait for us to be able to get started on this writing project. I expect it to be quite amazing. It will be fun to see each of the different ideas that we come up with.
When I get just a little time I will write up my notes as a post and write an update as we work on this project.
Wow! I is amazing when one family member wins but when two do it it is very exciting. Looking forward to your new project. Glad that it is getting to be a family affair! Hugs!
ReplyDelete