Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bats

Well, this is a short thought for the night.  Or at least I think so right now, we will have to see how it turns out.  Tonight we were at church and what should we happen to see but a bat flying around the room.   Just out of the corner of my eye, I saw it fly by the first time, and I knew what it was.  It took only a little while before most people knew it was there.  Of course we all tried to ignore the thing as it swooped over us again and again.

This bat reminded me (and my children) of all of the bats that we had in the Beatrice house.  It is sort of strange remembering the time there.  Partly, it feels so far away.  Partly it is, and likely always shall be, just a little bit sad for me.  Though those memories are also very exciting, the dreams that they involved.

Here is a post from my blog...the last time we had a bat flying around our heads.

http://themontoyahouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-487.html

I only sort of ducked once in church tonight as the bat took a very low flight over our heads.  :)   Much better than the first time one was flying over us in the Beatrice house and I sat with the kids on the couch with a blanket over our heads praying the thing would just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment