Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Are we counting down?

 

This has been the strangest year of my life, followed closely by last year of course. I do not want this to be a post complaining about all of the things that have happened this year. Nor do I "really" want to celebrate the tiny bits of normal life that we have had. And trust me I have celebrated tiny and seemingly unimportant things this year.


This year has seemed to take FOREVER.

This year had sped by so quickly I can't believe it is almost over.

It has been super warm and nice weather.

It has been horrible and so cold you thought you'd never warm up.

This year seems so filled I can hardly find time to get something finished.

This year has been empty with nothing on my calendar.

Can I go? Is is Zoom? Who's name is on the list?

Is it open? Is it happening? What are the rules? Do I even care?


A weird year. A year so mixed up it doesn't even know what is happening.


There are only a few weeks of school left. 

I am ready for the year to be over. I am looking forward to summer like I have never looked forward to it before.

I hate the thought of this year ending. There are so many things I want to yet do.


I have been very careful about NOT putting anything on my calendar. I wanted no reminders of things I might or might not be able to go to. I just lived day by day. I do not plan things. This is so not like me. I normally make plans to plan things. But in the mail today, I received my new planner. I am going to start writing down things that are happening. This is going to be my planner of the things I want to do, of things I am going to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment